Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Author Study Ideas

I am excited to start our unit on author studies....one of my favorite things to teach! 



In this unit download, I just listed some ideas that I plan to do each day of our Cynthia Rylant unit.  I also created pages to go with most of the lessons.
 
These are the books we cover in this unit:
 
 
 
 
 
Click below to download the lesson ideas:

 
 
 

 
As we go through the unit, I have the students add most of the activities we do to a foldable.  They love this, especially since they take the foldable home at the end of the unit!  I always add a small journal to the back of the foldable.  Here's an example of what my foldable looks like:
 
Front:
 
Inside the left flap:

Inside the right flap:

 
The inside flap:


Back: 
 
 
Click here to downlad the pages that go with the unit: 
 
 
 Here's a quiz over the books and lessons covered in this unit:
 
 
 
For a culminating activity, the students will choose what they want to do.  These pages are also in the unit download. Here are a few examples:
 
 


 
 
I am also working on an author study unit for Patricia Polacco. I'm almost done... so check back soon if you want the lessons and downloads!
 
Thanks!

 







 


 

2 comments:

  1. This resource is going to save me so much time planning!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This resource is amazing!
    What grade level is this for?
    I teach fourth grade- is there any way I can raise the level while using this resource?

    ReplyDelete