Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Author Study Ideas

I am excited to start our unit on author studies....one of my favorite things to teach! 



In this unit download, I just listed some ideas that I plan to do each day of our Cynthia Rylant unit.  I also created pages to go with most of the lessons.
 
These are the books we cover in this unit:
 
 
 
 
 
Click below to download the lesson ideas:

 
 
 

 
As we go through the unit, I have the students add most of the activities we do to a foldable.  They love this, especially since they take the foldable home at the end of the unit!  I always add a small journal to the back of the foldable.  Here's an example of what my foldable looks like:
 
Front:
 
Inside the left flap:

Inside the right flap:

 
The inside flap:


Back: 
 
 
Click here to downlad the pages that go with the unit: 
 
 
 Here's a quiz over the books and lessons covered in this unit:
 
 
 
For a culminating activity, the students will choose what they want to do.  These pages are also in the unit download. Here are a few examples:
 
 


 
 
I am also working on an author study unit for Patricia Polacco. I'm almost done... so check back soon if you want the lessons and downloads!
 
Thanks!

 







 


 

1 comment:

  1. This resource is going to save me so much time planning!! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete